RFP Response Manager Full-time Job6 days ago - IT & Telecoms - Irvine - 10 views
The Coordinator of Bids & Proposals will source procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals. In this role, the Coordinator of Bids & Proposals will work with cross-functional proposal team members to help respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs) and manage the proposal development process to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals.
The position involves researching, writing, and producing a high volume of client-facing documentation on behalf of our company in support of an array of our products. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders including, Program Management, Sales, Procurement & Engineering leads and other subject matter experts, as needed - and thus, is a highly visible role.
The Coordinator of Bids and Proposals should exhibit strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks. We are looking for a strong team member who leads by example and keeps the team informed of changes.
Responsibilities of the Coordinator of Bids & Proposals:
• Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the Bids and Proposals team
• Analyze RFQs, RFPs and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans
• Direct proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as prepare detailed proposal plans,
schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development.
• Plan winning themes, value propositions, strengths, risk reducers, and differentiated solutions
to initial proposal outline
• Work closely with engineering, procurement & program management to complete the
formulation of “win strategies and themes” (taking into account strategic relationships,
competitor intelligence, etc.) and ensure the message is articulated throughout the proposal
• Facilitate multi-disciplined groups in brainstorming and developing solutions to key aspects
of the proposal providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and
solutions that result in winning submissions.
• Solicit management reviews and approvals during proposal development
• Monitor proposal content to ensure compliance to RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and
• Monitor for relevant competitive procurement opportunities, managing the bid opportunities
pipeline and circulating opportunities to the appropriate stakeholders
• Lead and/or support the development and submission of winning bid responses by working with the Bids team, internal experts and contractors, as required
• Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials
• Maintain, augment and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids
• Inform product strategy research performed by the Bids & Proposals Executive Director
• Write persuasively, including executive summaries and other critical components of deliverables such as; past performance volumes, Technical and management volumes, security volumes, resumes, single-voice editing, and capturing actions from meetings with proposal team members, capture teams, and understanding of the business’s value proposition
• Provide writing guidance to authors, volume leads, and capture coordinators to ensure proposals are clear and concise
• Strong aptitude for improving organization, flow, readability, completeness, and clarity of engineering intensive proposals
Basic Qualifications of the Coordinator of Bids & Proposals:
• Debrief teams after proposal submittal
• Interview team members on successful or unsuccessful strategies and tactics,
• Facilitate a retrospective assessment on proposals, and refine future proposal strategies,
process, templates and training.
• BS/BA degree, or equivalent in relevant experience
• 2+ years' experience in an electronic/electro-mechanical environment, preference given for
Department of Defense / Aerospace Industry experience. FAR/DFARS knowledge a plus.
• Proven ability to work across organizations with effective communication, leadership, and
project management skills
• Proven attention to detail
• Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability
• Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environment