Senior Database Developer Full-time Job2 months ago - Engineering - Irving - 31 views
The Senior Database Developer is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of all operational and reporting database systems. The Senior Database Developer constructs conceptual, logical, and physical data models and develops and maintains business logic within stored procedures and ETL transformations.
- Designs and develops operational and reporting database systems utilizing the latest techniques in data modeling and ETL concepts.
- Models database solutions and ensure quality assurance and timely delivery of data.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and corrects data and user related system errors, and ensures data integrity.
- Manages SQL Server in enterprise environment, including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades, and schema changes.
- Translates stakeholder requirements from formal requirements document into database design.
- Contributes to support an IT roadmap that is forward thinking and sets the groundwork for reducing maintenance cost while meeting or exceeding business objectives.
- Promotes a constructive, positive team environment and maintains a spirit of openness, information sharing inquisitiveness, problem-solving and support for common goals.
- Ensures compliance with policies & procedures, safety, state and federal laws, regulations, and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Experience & Education
- 6+ years of job-related experience with SQL Database Development, TSQL, and Stored ProceduresExperience writing and executing SQL queries, stored procedures (from scratch), and SSIS packages
- Develop, optimize, and implement stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Design and develop database objects, stored procedures, views, functions, tables, triggers and SSIS packages; ensure their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Write and optimize SQL statements for data access and retention.
- Develop ETL processes for incremental data loads.
- Experience with Enterprise Scheduler, PowerShell scripting, and OLTP a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field of study.