Senior UI / UX Designer Full-time Job2 months ago - Engineering - Dallas - 52 views
Our client is looking for a motivated, talented UI/UX Designer who has experience in designing platforms for B2B and B2C audiences. You'll have the opportunity to make immediate impact while working closely with our Product, Development, and senior executive teams, to design high quality, thoughtful and engaging SaaS experiences.You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing the feature (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with engineering to implement your vision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, define end problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new product features, in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Take broad concepts and mold them into visual communications that consider user empathy and interaction and test these concepts through rapid UI prototyping.
- Illustrate designs into user journeys through storyboards, wireframes, process flows, mockups and prototypes creating a path that logically flows from one step to the next.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development.
- Assist in developing design processes, including creating and maintaining a gold-standard style guide and central repository for all design assets.
- Maintain project planning and progress in Jira and documentation in Confluence, and work alongside our development team on implementation and QA of designs and interactions.
- Design and envision interactive future experiences in a dynamic environment while being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time for specific customer groups and personas
- Keep tabs on user needs by frequently researching pain points to develop great UX.
- Leverage user feedback as well as UI/UX best practices to drive and influence design decisions for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Develop designs using available insights, including interpreting data, qualitative feedback and usability findings. Assist in determining application architecture and create sitemap
- Problem Solver. You use business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment to solve problems. You have the ability to take complex concepts and make them intuitive.
- Current. You keep your finger on the pulse of UI/UX design. You're constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences as well as innovate our existing presence.
- Humble. Ego is not in your dictionary. You take critical feedback and and use it to better your work. You exude the desire to be challenged and inspired by new ways of thinking.
- Creative. Building elegant solutions for an engaging customer experience is in your genes. Your design execution and aesthetic choices elevate the product you are designing.
- Connect. You collaborate effectivity with others and possess the ability to effectively brainstorm and explain design options. You are a self-starter who knows when to execute and when to collaborate.
- Adaptable. You thrive on informed iteration to design experiences that work at scale and thrive working in a fast-paced environment, moving frequently from project to project.
- Confident in your ability to present design solutions to various stakeholders.
- A passion to be a part of a company with a thriving, infectious culture that drives accountability and isn't afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5+ years of UI/UX design experience for both B2B and B2C audiences, with a robust portfolio.
- Solid understanding of interaction design principles.
- Proven experience in creating start-to-finish responsive product design for web-applications including complex workflows.
- A solid grasp of human centered design (HCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS – FIRST 90 DAYS
- Provide recommendations to simplify user flows and solve known issues in a way that enhances the user experience.
- Develop gold-standard UI/UX style guide and central repository for all design assets.
- Develop relationships within the organization to clarify and translate design requirements into actionable design assets.
- Transform new product concepts into user journeys, storyboards, wireframes and engaging visual designs.